International Students

The opportunity to equip international students for ministry furthers the seminary’s purpose and missionary vision. Life at The Master’s Seminary is enriched by the presence of its international students.

International Student Applications

In addition to the usual application materials and procedures, international applicants must meet the following three requirements:

  1. Each international applicant, whose native language is other than English, will need to provide a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score dated within the last two years (see academic catalog for degree specific score requirements). Applicants may make arrangements to take the examination by contacting Educational Testing Service. Test results must be sent directly to The Master’s Seminary (institution code: 5997).
  2. Each international applicant must have their Official Transcript sent to TMS directly from their former institution(s).
  3. Course-by-course Translated and Evaluated Transcripts are also required for all prerequisite degrees. The translation and evaluation of the transcripts must be done by a service that holds a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services membership, and it must include 1. name of degree earned, 2. degree conferral date and 3. GPA. We strongly recommend World Education Services.

International Student Requirements

  1. International students at The Master’s Seminary must obtain an F-1 student visa in order to join us for classes on our campus. Following receipt of a letter of acceptance from the admissions department, and subsequent payment of the advance tuition deposit, the incoming international student will be contacted by the seminary’s Designated School Official who will gather the information needed to produce the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, also known as the Form I-20. As a part of this process, the student will be required to provide evidence of adequate funding to cover tuition and living expenses for the first academic year for himself as well as the support and care of any F-2 dependents who will be coming with him. The seminary is unable to issue an I-20 until an affidavit of support guaranteeing these funds has been received and all application forms, transcripts, and other necessary materials have been officially approved. Without a form I-20, a student visa cannot be obtained.
  2. International students who are admitted to the United States on a student visa are required by law to maintain full-time status.
  3. No off-campus employment is permitted without prior authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the United States Department of Justice. F-1 student’s dependents in F-2 status are not authorized for employment under any circumstances.

Scholarships for International Students

When scholarships are granted, they apply toward tuition expenses only. The seminary typically has no subsidies to provide for room, board, or living expenses.

For helpful information on studying in the United States, you can visit: Study in the States