Jordan Study Trip 2024 Overview
Extension Dates: June 2–6, 2024
Dr. Grisanti will be leading a 4-day Jordan extension trip, starting right at the end of the 2024 TMS Israel study trip. Like the rest of the TMS trip participants, we will have Saturday, June 1, as a free day, but bring our luggage to Jerusalem and roll them to our hotel for Saturday night. On Sunday morning, when most of the group are winging their way back to the US, we will be riding our bus to the border crossing between Israel and Jordan.
*You must be registered for the Israel Study Trip to be eligible for the extension tour to Jordan
Tour Price (extension from Israel): $800.00 per person
**Deposit due on or before November 29, 2023, written on a different check than the Israel Study Trip payment**
Included in Price:
- 1 Night at Gloria Hotel in Jerusalem before we head to Jordan
- 1 Night at Days Inn in Amman (or similar)
- 2 Nights at Petra Panorama Hotel in Petra (or similar)
- Daily breakfast and dinners at the hotels
- Met and assisted on arrival to and departure from the Jordan side by our representative
- Free group collective entry visa for entering Jordan on arrival
- Transportation and tours in Air-conditioned modern buses, with English speaking guide and driver
English Speaking Escort Guide from arrival till departure; Dr. G will supplement the teaching focusing on Scriptural relevance.-Entrance fees to all sites mentioned in program- 1 horse ride and 1 entry in Petra- Porterage at hotels and borders- Bus transfers between Jerusalem and Allenby Bridge and between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
Not Included in Price:
- Departure tax (leaving Israel) at Allenby Bridge—$55.00 per person paid at the border
- Departure tax (leaving Jordan) at Allenby Bridge—$15.00 per person paid at the border
- Lunch meals—plan on ca. $15 per person per meal
- Drinks during meals or at hotel rooms
- Expenses of private nature- souvenirs, snacks, etc.
- Horse drawn carriages in Petra
- Be prepared to give a tip ($2.00?) to the men who load our luggage or unload our luggage at the border crossing area.
- Tips for guide and driver—about $5.00 per day (per person) for Jordanian driver and guide = $20.00 total ($15.00 for guide and $5.00 for the driver). We will give them their tip after we get to the border crossing area. Also be prepared to give tips for the Israeli driver on transfer from Jerusalem to border crossing and from the border crossing to Jerusalem (ca. $5.00 each way).
- In order for Dr. Grisanti to act as the official trip guide, without an Israeli guide present, everyone will be considered his students and therefore required to participate in lectures and exams. The exams will be straightforward and there will be review sessions to prepare beforehand. However, you will not be required to receive academic credit for the trip.
- Be prepared for full days of walking (including steps up and down). You will be tired at the end of the day but will be overjoyed at what you are learning and blessed by the fellowship of fellow-students of the Word. To prepare for the trip, plan on getting a good set of walking shoes and put together a walking regimen.
- Participants need to be in general agreement with TMS’s doctrinal statement. Teaching will be from a futuristic or dispensational, premillennial perspective, expecting the nation of Israel (made up of believing Israelites) to be established once again in the land of promise. Questions about this can be directed to Dr. Grisanti.
- Many people have concerns about the safety of traveling to Israel. Consider this helpful article on the topic, topic, Is it Safe to Travel to Israel?
Israel Study Trip 2024
Click here to view the details for the Israel Study Trip 2024.